I just have to share one of my favorite recipes with you. I’ve been making it for years. It’s the perfect thing for the day you come home from the farmer’s market with fresh berries. The recipe came from one of those “magazines” that you probably get from your local hospital. Quick, relatively healthy, yummy…
What you need:
3/4 cups quick oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp. melted butter
3 tbsp. canola oil
3 1/2 cups mixed berries (or one kind of berry, or even peaches)
1 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
8″ x8″ or 9″ x9″ baking dish
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine oats, flour, sugar, butter and oil. Mix well. Set aside.
3. Add cornstarch to berries and combine gently.
4. Pour berries into the baking dish.
5. Spread crisp mixture evenly over the top.
6. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
If you enjoyed this post, leave a comment or subscribe to the feed and get future articles delivered to your feed reader.